Stay informed »
Absolutely no spam! All mail
delivered by FeedBurner,
a Google™ company

Enter email address

Dr. Mahinder Watsa's sex Q&A
 About this site
Questions about
View all questions

All questions  
My son was born in April this year. Recently, we learned that he was born with one testicle undescended, while the other seems to be normal. Is this condition normal, and what medical measures should we take?

Consult a paediatric surgeon immediately. He can tell you how and when the testicle can be lowered into the scrotal bag. Waiting may leave it functionally ineffective.

I am 42 years old and my husband is 43. We have been married for 18 months. We had sex only three times in the first three weeks of our marriage. After that, he has lost interest in intimacy. When I ask him the reason behind his disinterest, he gives me vague answers: I am sleepy and tired, for instance. For the past 12 years, he has been consuming two tablets of Lonazep 0.50 and two tablets of Depsonil 25, every day. Last year, he was also prescribed one tablet of Galvus Met 100 mg, to be taken after dinner. He smokes fives cigarettes a day. I do not have a problem with his lifestyle, but I am unhappy about my sex life. Please advise.

Visit his psychiatrist and find out if there are other psychological issues troubling him. The tablets may be partly responsible for the behaviour. Does he suffer from erectile dysfunction? Both of you must consult a sexologist.
Categories: Erectile dysfunction

The tip of my penis is extremely sensitive. I have started exposing it to water while in the shower, and the sensitivity has reduced to some extent. But I cannot expose it or let it touch my undergarments because it leads to pain. I am afraid it will affect my sex life. Please help.

It will not affect your sex life. Continue with your method of exposing the penis head to water. The sensitivity will gradually reduce.

These days, whether I am in office or travelling in a local train, my penis gets erect automatically. I manage to control my excitement after a few minutes. However, it gets erect again and I experience pain in my groin. Why is this happening? Could you recommend any medicines?

Please buy a hat so that you can hide your erection. I suggest you see an andrologist. If you are above the age of 40, your prostate and penis need examination. However, if you are in your early twenties, then this problem will continue for a few years. You need to learn to have better control.

I have been married for the last two years. My husband and I do not enjoy a good sex life. The problem is that my husband is addicted to porn and masturbates daily. Even before indulging in sex, he watches porn and only then do we have intercourse. I am planning to have a baby, but I want it to be an outcome of love-making, not porn. Please tell me what to do, as I have already spoken to my husband but he cannot resist watching porn.

This is becoming a common cause of marital discord. Your husband should arouse himself with foreplay with you. But if he cannot, then the baby will be born with your egg and his sperm. Convince him to have sex twice a week, if you wish to conceive.
Categories: Planning a baby, Masturbation

I am 43 years old and my partner is 34. She is divorced and is well-versed in matters concerning sex. The only problem is that she harbours misunderstandings. She wants to enjoy sex with me but because of her misunderstandings,we cannot go ahead. Please help.

What is the confusion? Please see a sexologist for help.

My wife and I enjoy performing oral sex on each other.However, a few days ago while indulging in the act, I drank her urine by mistake.Now I am worried.What diseases may I contract? I am feeling awkward to consult a doctor over this.

It musn’t be her urine,but the lubrication that a woman secretes when excited. Such a fluid, or even urine for that matter, will not cause any harm. Haven’t you heard of urine therapy.
Categories: Sexually transmitted diseases