Stay informed »
Absolutely no spam! All mail
delivered by FeedBurner,
a Google™ company

Enter email address

Dr. Mahinder Watsa's sex Q&A
 About this site
Questions about
View all questions

All questions  
I am a 27-year-old man and have been married for the last six years. My concern is that my motility and fertility count is very low and I cannot be a father naturally. I visited a doctor and he suggested that I visit a sperm donor in order that my wife becomes pregnant. But neither of us wants this. Is there a medical solution so that we can have a baby naturally?

Please see an andrologist — a surgeon who specialises in male sexual problems. He will give you advice after examining you and suggest whether anything can be done to improve the sperm count and motility. He will also tell you whether conception is even possible.
Categories: Planning a baby

I am 27 years old and I masturbate almost every day. I am getting married in a few months, but I am facing a lot of problems while having sex. I suffer from premature ejaculation, and also though my penis gets erect during foreplay, it tends to lose the erection at the time of the act. I didn’t face any such problems three years ago. While I feel excited about sex, there seems to be some physical problem. I am losing my confidence now. Please help.

Your history is not clear. I suggest you consult a sexpert. You can also check the Internet for treatment for premature ejaculation.
Categories: Premature ejaculation, Foreplay

I am planning to visit a sex worker. She is hot and I cannot resist her. How can I protect myself from genital herpes?

The best way, I’d say, is to ditch your desire. If she suffers from herpes, you can contract it even if you use a condom.
Categories: Sexually transmitted diseases

I am a 25-year-old woman. Whenever I have sex with my partner my vagina starts bleeding as soon as we try to have an intercourse. Could this be because his penis is too fat in comparison to the opening of my vagina, or is there some other problem that I’m unable to see? I have never had such a problem in the past with my ex-boyfriend. Please help.

Are you sure that it is not his blood you are seeing? Does he have a tight foreskin? You must consult a gynaecologist.

What should I do about my pubic hair?

Like beards, some men trim it, some don’t. Your call. It’s best to keep it trimmed using a scissor.

I am a 36-year-old man, and have been married for 10 years. I have two kids. My wife is 35 years old. Although I experience morning erections, I am unable to sustain them while making love. Often, my wife needs to give me a hand job. I ejaculate within one minute of penetration although we spend considerable time in foreplay. I am consuming Confido (Himalaya) — 1 tablet every alternate day. My other problem is that I have got into the habit of chatting dirty on the net about my wife with strangers. I fantasise about her with other men. I have tried to let go of the habit but have been unsuccessful.

That’s some odd behaviour! I don’t think you need a doctor or medication. I suggest you visit a counsellor instead.
Categories: Premature ejaculation, Foreplay

I am a 19-year-old girl. When I menstruate, I suffer from severe abdominal pain. I can’t move on those days.

Ask your gynaecologist to prescribe suitable medication. In the meantime, apply an ice pack on your stomach when it aches. Make sure you exercise regularly throughout the month.